If you own a web site and want a “GO TO” guy for the tech stuff, get me on speed dial! I’ll take 99 percent of your stress away!
I’ve been building web sites and promoting them for over 15 years for a variety of clients. I can handle or manage anything you throw at me! I have the technical background to repair, build, or upgrade your web site, and do it correctly.
I do freelance web development, either remotely or on location and I also do some repair work just for fun!
I’m available for term work on a part time basis. I enjoy my current position and am not looking to replace my full time job.
P.O. Box 425
Clayton, DE 19938
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.edcharkow.com
Delaware Technical Community College – Office of the President: 3/13 to present
Web Application Developer
Contracted Web Developer at Barclaycard US: 2012 -2013
AETEA Information Technology
Big E Enterprises LLC – Anderson Internet Marketing LLC: 2001- 2014
Senior Web Developer
Full stack internet web development including design, database integration, layout, UI, Linux, Apache, MySQL, debugging, and PHP Development.
Created and developed systems to mass deploy websites to build link networks. This included content management, managing content scheduling, and the ability to keep the web sites updated remotely. These were fully automated systems that registered the domain names, created the accounts and databases on multiple servers automatically and then dripped content in hands free.
Performed dozens of full e-commerce set up and deployments, repaired various client websites, and built and/or approved client websites in a variety of languages, types, and styles.
Delaware Webmaster: 2001- present
I was a freelance developer working for small businesses and marketing firms for over 10 years. I’ve worked with clients of all sizes, and many different platforms. I’ve worked with WordPress, Magento, and many other third party or open source scripts to install, customize, or develop plugins for. I took any work that I was capable of doing or learning and that let me get a lot of different types of experience. I still maintain my clients, but do not regularly take on freelance work.
- Object Oriented PHP with or without a framework.
- Database Management /Raw SQL ( Mysql).
- CSS/CSS3 (Basic LESS and SASS)
- Mobile First / Responsive Design with or without a framework.
- Version Control (SVN, Tortoise, GIT).
- Project Planning, Outlining, Estimating.
- Photoshop (Editing, layout, background removal, basic logos).
- TOAD for Oracle.
Experience with Frameworks, Open Source, and third Party Scripts
- Laravel(3,4), Codeigniter, and some Symfony Exposure.
- YUI, Bootstrap, Foundation, Twig, Smarty, PHTAL.
- Dojo, Mootools, knockout.js.
- 3dCart Custom Theme Development.
- Magento theme editing, customization, set up, and module editing.
- WordPress Theme editing, theme creation, plugin extensions, modifications, and custom plugin development.
- Google Maps API, Facebook API.
- Variety of CMS, Cart, ticketing systems, and other third party scripts.
I’ve done a lot of projects under contract. Here are just a few examples, so you know my skill set and type of complex work I’m able to complete:
- CRM and invoicing system. (php, laravel3, ajax).
- Several MLS integrations for Real Estate Companies.
- Created database, and API interface for a scientific data storage system and modeler.
- Created affiliate marketing scripts, and membership portals.
- Service Company Software (Google maps integration, route planning, tracking minutes/hours per type of repair, invoicing, and mobile billing).
- Course Service (Website that allows corporations and small business to train their staff and track their progress).
- Magneto, Open Cart, 3dCart, and other shopping carts / e-commerce sites.
- Automated system to take keywords, registers a related domain, create the server account, install WordPress, install theme and plugins, and add content to the pages.
- WordPress Plugins to force Facebook “likes” before content shows up.
- WordPress Plugins to publish content from an external database on a regular basis.
- Built and maintained one of the most popular American Idol websites including managing the servers, load, and bursts of traffic.
- Hundreds of landing pages and lead capture sites.
- Repaired hacked WordPress blogs.
- Hundreds of PSD to HTML conversions.
- Many PSD to wordpress conversions.
References and Recommendations
References are available upon request, or through my LinkedIn profile